Glen Goffin Photography

Thursday, March 4, 2010

87 Creating My Photo Gallery - Part 1

OSJ Red FenceEvery photographer needs a gallery.   Art is meant to be shared and appreciated.

As you all know, Cisco Kid, he was a friend of mine.  But Flickr ... not so much.   However, for those that like it, it is a great (read "free") choice.  Just resist the pandering.  That's my only big beef.

Regular readers here know that I've chosen Smugmug as my hosting service for Glen Goffin Photography.    For the past many weeks I've been learning the in's and out's of Smugmug.  I thought I would share some of what I've learned in case it helps.



First Things First

Before anything, we need to decide on the basic purpose of our website.

My goals for my webportal include:

Website Goals

  • I want it to be the focal point for my business and to be an enjoyable place to visit often.
  • Impress prospective clients with -
           - Professionalism
           - Attention to detail
           - Most importantly - artistry
  • To educate - an educated customer is a happy customer
  • Provide a fun place for prospective clients (engaged couples) to choose the style of wedding photography that they like and want even if they DON'T choose us.
  • Make very clear what we do provide and what we don't provide to avoid any possible misunderstandings.
  • Make it easy and fun for clients to select the type of wedding package and products that they prefer.
  • Provide contact information and planning information such as calendar of availability to simplify their planning.
  • Generate new customer contacts through offerings.
Ok, now with those goals in mind, step two is to outline the website.  But that's for my next post ... hehehe

Peace,
Glen

On a completely different subject you just have to see this:
Transformation

All of us with sons and daughters need to let our kids see that.

No comments: